PickledEgg's top picks for private islands
We are always willing to go the extra mile at Pickled Egg to find extraordinary incentive travel destinations. Sometimes quite literally. We don’t mind going off the beaten track, and what could be more secluded than a private island? Here are our hot picks.
28th July 2014
By Ricky Knight / Managing Director
1. When you think of a private island, does your imagination conjure up beachfront villas, personal butlers and plunge pools? If so, then you’ll be interested in Tadrai Island Resort in Fiji.
2. Now, when it comes to tropical islands, where do you head for? The Maldives was a popular answer in the Pickled Egg office and, after much deliberation, we chose the sun-kissed small coral island of Baros as the place to head for some private island incentive travel fun.
3. For those of you who like to mix your sun-gazing and water sports with a bit of partying, we recommend you head to Tagomago Island near Ibiza. With a view of the legendary Iberian isle, you can recreate your own superclub shindig in exclusive surroundings, complete with supercool chill-out zones. The only thing you might find taxing is choosing which DJ to book.
4. If you want a private island with a little South American flavour, we suggest you get Pickled Egg to book a stay for you on Cayo Espanto off the coast of Belize. And if you need a break from paradise, Miami and all its neon glamour is just an hour away.
5. Private islands don’t come much more out of this world than the Island of Kuredhivary in the Maldives. What makes it so otherworldly? Mostly the Water Discuss Hotel that is currently under development – as much Star Trek as seven star, it has to be seen to be believed: split over two levels, one above and one below the water, there is a rooftop seawater pool among other very incredible things.